is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
1. Cardiovascular Devices—devices and equipment used to diagnose or treat conditions of the heart and circulatory system
2. Digital Health Products and Mobile Medical Apps—devices or applications that use digital technologies to monitor patients, deliver healthcare, or make medicine more personalized
3. Drug-Delivery and Combination Products—devices such as pre-filled syringes, misting devices, dry powder inhalers, patches, pouches, or combination implants with biologic agents, etc.
4. ER and OR Tools, Equipment, and Supplies—devices such as critical care, general surgery, plastic surgery, and anesthesiology products
5. Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary Devices—products such as gastrological, urological, gynecological, and obstetric devices
6. Implant and Tissue-Replacement Products—devices such as cochlear, corneal, orthopedic, neurological, and tissue implants and instruments
7. Nonsurgical Hospital Supplies and Equipment—products such as general medical equipment and supplies used in hospitals and doctor's offices, such as stethoscopes, blood lancets, medical carts, ventilators, hospital beds, blood pressure monitors, etc.
8. Over-the-Counter and Self-Care Devices—devices that can be purchased without a prescription or that allow patients to monitor, treat, or help prevent a health condition without assistance from a clinician or other healthcare professional
9. Radiological, Imaging, and Electromechanical Devices—devices that use medical radiation, imaging, or an electromechanically powered system to diagnose or treat diseases
10. Rehabilitation and Assistive-Technology Products—products such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, hearing aids, prosthetic devices, etc.
11. Testing and Diagnostic Products and Systems—products that fall into FDA categories of chemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology, pathology, and toxicology
Entries can be submitted by the product’s manufacturer of record or by suppliers that provide materials, components, or services with the manufacturer's written consent.
To be eligible for entry in the MDEA competition, products must be commercially available (able to be ordered or purchased) by December 31 in the year prior to the competition.